Sunday, March 16, 2014

Cadejo Brewing Company

Hey all,


So over Spring break, my girlfriend and I went to El Salvador and had an amazing experience.  Normally I write these blogs about locations in Florida, but this one will be an international brewery. We went on our first day there to the country's main craft beer brewing company, "Cadejo Brewing Company".  It was in a densely populated area in El Salvador and has been there since early 2010.

Cadejo Brewing El Salvador
Cadejo Brewing Company logo

We sat down at an outdoor table there and ordered our beers.  They only had three beers that they were brewing at the time.  They had a red ale, a wheat american pale ale, and a black ale.  As my readers know, I chose the black ale (See introduction) and my girlfriend went with the red ale.  After trying both, I ended up liking the red ale better.  The black ale was too "hoppy" for my taste and seemed like an IPA (India Pale Ale).  The prices were apparently above average for the country but very inexpensive for what I am used to.  The beers were $3-$5 depending on size.

Cadejo Brewing El Salvador
Outside table showing a beer and the taps
The other thing we noticed was how popular this brewing company was.  We noticed tons of advertisement all over the country.  Also, we went to a few different bars in the area and they featured Cadejo beers on tap.  I guess they are marketing themselves well, because other people we spoke to said they love the beer and most people do as well.  We loved our trip to El Salvador and did so many things there and we plan on going back.  Cadejo offers seasonal beers as well so when we go back we will definitely have to go back there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47527443-1