Sunday, March 23, 2014

Tap42

Hey all,

So I went to meet a bunch of friends for a birthday celebration at "Tap42" in Fort Lauderdale, FL.  From reading up on this place, I noticed they specialize in beer, bourbon, and burgers.  3 of my top choices so I knew I had to try this place.  We went there on Friday and got there 5 minutes before their happy hour ended.  Wanting some good craft beer, I knew I wanted to try a few so getting a good price was key.  Their happy hour special was 2 for 1 beers.


Tap42 Fort Lauderdale, FL
Front of Tap42
We checked out the beers on tap and they had over 42 on tap which was impressive, thus the name, "Tap42".  Only about 4-5 dark beers but they still had a really good lineup of beer.  My girlfriend and I got one happy hour special in due to the time we were there.  I first ordered Breckenridge Vanilla Porter.  I have had this before and I loved the taste.  Very smooth and sweet for a porter and you could definitely taste the vanilla.  I then had Cigar City Brewing's Maduro Oatmeal brown ale, which I also have tried in the past.  Both beers were cold, served right away, and very tasty.  

We also put an order in for an appetizer.  They do have healthy options as we saw they have brussel sprouts, asparagus, and sweet potato fries.  We ordered the sweet potato fries and it came with this creamy cinnamon dip.  It was extremely good.  The dip was even better.  My only criticism wee the prices.  The average beer was $7 to $10 and the order of fries was $7.  
Tap42 Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tap42's bar on a busy day

It was extremely busy there but we had good service.  They were very proficient with seating the big group of people we had and getting us all of our food and drinks.  The outdoor/indoor seating were spacious and this place can definitely hold a lot of people.  This place reminded me a little of "The Tipsy Boar" but a lot bigger.  We will definitely come back when we are in Fort Lauderdale, FL, but we have to make sure it is during happy hour because it could get pricey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47527443-1