Sunday, April 13, 2014

Whiskey Tango

Hey all,

So this blog is a continuation of my birthday last weekend.  The night before my birthday we were at Geronimo's Bar and Grill.  We did a 5K bacon run on the morning of my birthday and we had sushi at night.  After dinner, I had about 40-50 people meet me up at "Whiskey Tango" in downtown Hollywood, FL.  This is a cool spot located near some other places I have previously blogged about(The Tipsy Boar, The Greek Joint, Mickey Byrne's) and I knew I could have a lot of people fit here due to the size of the location.
Whiskey Tango downtown Hollywood, FL
Whiskey Tango Logo
We all met up around 10:00 PM at Whiskey Tango and that's when all the drinks and shots started.  If I told you how many drinks and shots I had, I would not be telling the truth.  They do have a separate cooler in the back that reads "craft bottled beer".  I do remember ordering a "Breckenridge Vanilla Porter" from the craft bottled selection.  I have had vanilla porters before but not by this maker.  I really enjoyed this beer as it was a darker beer with a hint of a vanilla aftertaste.  This might have been the only drink I remember the taste.  It went downhill after that. 
Whiskey Tango downtown Hollywood, FL
Live band playing at Whiskey Tango

They had a live band, and they usually do on the weekends and some weekdays.  I did see their menu, and I know Whiskey Tango has really great food options, however we came there right after dinner.  I have heard that their burgers are out of this world and their appetizer choices are really unique.  The only thing that I did not like was the prices for the craft bottled beer.  It was $8 for the one 12oz. bottled beer that I got.  That is pricey compared to other bars in the area that I had been to.  They did have domestic bottled beer specials in a bucket, however I am spoiled and prefer crafts nowadays.  

I loved the experience while I was there and I know I will be back when I'm in downtown Hollywood, FL.  I just might have to watch the amount of drinks I have there due to the high prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47527443-1