Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bobby's Burger Palace

Hey all,

So this blog is going to be a little different than previous blogs in the way of focusing a little more on the food.  Don't get me wrong, I still ordered a beer for tradition but the selection of beer was not a good amount.


crunchified Bobby's burger palace
Store Front of Bobby's Burger Palace
So on Saturday, I went with a group of friends to the Kendall area, around Dadeland Mall to be specific.  We walked on over to the mall because we heard of a place called "Bobby's Burger Palace".  We heard they have really good burgers and many different choices to customize your burger.  With the owner of the chain being a world famous chef, Bobby Flay, we new we had to try it. 
crunchified bobby's burger palace
"Bobby Blue Burger"

After carefully looking over the menu and trying to go with a "healthy" alternative, I chose the chicken breast burger with swiss cheese.  You can either get angus beef, ground turkey, or chicken breast as your burger.  They also have a big thing to get your burger "crunchified" and they put their own potato chips on the burger.  Cool concept, but I was trying to keep it simple on my behalf.  

You order from the front counter when you walk in and they have runners that deliver the food to your table.  I ordered a Sierra Pale Ale as my beer which is different because as my readers know, I like dark beers (See introduction).  My beer came out to my table within 2 minutes and we all had our burgers within 10 minutes of placing our order.  The burger was very filling and extremely juicy.  I noticed a friend of mine had his burger "crunchified"  They have all different kinds of sauces at the table and I loved their hot sauce.  We also ordered sweet potato fries and they were delicious.  

Overall good experience, but I feel like they need something else to differentiate them from all the burger joints.  The market is so "tapped" and they need to stand out.  Maybe a beer battered burger?  Pricing was average to high with our bill totaling about $27 for 2 burgers, a beer, and an order of sweet potato fries.  If I'm in the area, I could see myself going again, but I would not make a special trip to Bobby's Burger Palace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47527443-1